Daddy's little girl. Whenever she needed a space on her own, she will keep herself drowned with amazing books accompanied by Jericho and Mckenzie, the catch-eye.

Monday 30 June 2014

The Fault In Our Stars





Warning, there will be spoilers in this post, read at your own risk. 

I knew how the story ends, based on the spoilers people posted n social medias but I wanted to read and drowned deeper into John Green's writing, and here's how I reacted when I finished reading the book.
1. I cried, and it felt so good, finally all my mixed emotion rushed and I feel so much better after letting it all out, plus, I knew how exactly Hazel Grace was feeling in that particular time.

"I called Isaac, who cursed life and the universe and God Himself and who said where are the goddamned trophies to break when you need them,and then I realized there was no one else to call,which was the saddest thing.The only person I really wanted to talk to about Augustus Waters's death was Augustus  Waters"
Hazel Grace, TFIOS, page 262

"It was unbearable, the whole thing"

"My name is Hazel. Augustus Waters was the great star-crossed love of my life. Ours was an epic love story,and I won't be able to get more  than a sentence into it without disappearing into a puddle of tears. Gus knew, Gus knows. I will not tell you our love story, because-like all real love stories, it will die with us, as it should.I'd hoped that he'd be eulogizing me, because there's no one I'd rather have... " 
Hazel Grace, TFIOS, page 260

2. I love how Gus called Hazel her first and middle name, everytime whenever he answers her calls

"Hi, " I said
"Hazel Grace, " he said.
"Hi, " I said again.
"Are you crying, Hazel Grace?"
"Kind of?"
TFIOS,  page 121

"That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me. "It demands to be felt.

"I'm a grenade," I said again. "I just want to stay away from people and read books and think"

I can't wait for the movie to be released in Malaysia, very soon. Although reading the book gave me so much pleasure rather than watching the movie, but still, I want to see how Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters on screen. 

5 comments:

nuranne said...

"I love you present tense"

Love the book. Me too..look forward to the movie. Plus shailene woodley is in it..what's even better.

Arms said...

I haven't read the book nor see the movie. However, I know the ending. Sot kan.

Read it somewhere on the internet. Damn spoilers. Haha.

Well, happy Wednesday, Yan.

Ann Flawless said...

:D I love the book more. I think Shailene Woodley is too old for the character. Since i think we have something in common so i decide to follow you. Follback ok bookbuddie~

Arms said...

"Boom Clap
The sound of my heart
The beat goes on and on and on and on and
Boom Clap
You make me feel good
Come on to me come on to me now"

This song keeps playing whenever I see the words 'fault' and 'stars' haha.

Anyways, I haven't seen the movie nor read the book. But I read some comments on the web. And I'm scared that if I watched it, I will lose my manliness. Wakaka.

Happy Monday, Yan!

Arms the Strong said...

Okay, I just realised that I commented on this post before. Sama lagi tu comment. Sebiji ba. well, 75% la, kasi chance.

Alrite, enough spam. okbye