Daddy's little girl. Whenever she needed a space on her own, she will keep herself drowned with amazing books accompanied by Jericho and Mckenzie, the catch-eye.

Monday 24 June 2013

Getaway: Phuket (Planning, Budget, etc)

So, this will be a continuing post since I will blog about my recent trip to Phuket, Thailand on Wednesday for 4 days and 3 nights trip with le sister and cousin.Just three of us :)

For your information, before we are going for this trip, I use three blogs as my reference on nice places to wander around :)

1. Diane Teo
2. Aki Borneo 
3. Stella Claire
 So basically I'm using information in their blogs to roughly plan our trip from day 1 until day 3.

This is our itinerary:

Day 1:  Simon Cabaret
Day 2: Koh Phi Phi, Monkey Beach and Koh Khai,at night went to Jungceylon Mall and Bangla Road
Day 3: Panak Island, James Bond Island and Hong Island, at night went to Phuket Fantasea
Day 4: Bye bye Phuket :(

I brought my camera with me but since I'm too exhausted going through an adventurous journey, I only managed to take some photos during day 2 and the rest, I let my sister and cousin to take photos as many as they can using their phones. FYI, some places like Simon Cabaret and Phuket Fantasea, you are not allowed to bring cameras inside so I decided not to bring with me along.

If you read Stella Claire's blog, I use their hotel reviews to book for our hotel during the trip, which is Aspery Hotel, same as them. Since I found their revies is pretty good, accommodation, walking distance from Patong Beach, etc, so I decided to choose this hotel. I booked earlier, on January 2013.



I requested an extra bed for my cousin because this room only up to 2 people, cost me 1500 bath for 3 days.

BUDGET 
I estimated the budget for tours  about 5000 bath/RM 500 but had overspent slightly
Simon Cabaret: 650 (RM65) bath per person
Island Hopping ( Koh Phi Phi, Monkey Beach and Koh Khai) : RM 159/ 1590 bath per person, as I booked this tour on Groupon
Island Hopping ( Panak Island, James Bond Island and Hong Island) : 1600 bath/RM 160
Phuket Fantasea + buffet dinner : 1900 bath/ RM 190

Total per person (tour only ): 5740 bath/ RM 574
Hotel per person: 1513 bath/ RM 151.3
Return trip taxi per person (airport-hotel-airport) : 533 bath/ RM 53
Leisure ( souvenir, food, tips, etc etc) per person : up to 10000 bath/ RM 1000 (approximate)

altogether: 17789 bath/ RM 1778.6

So, this is roughly our budget on this trip.So if you are interested to go to Phuket, you can use this information for you to save money :) but please bear in mind that this information may vary from time to time :)
 Flight tickets:

Kota kinabalu-Kuala Lumpur-kota Kinabalu: RM 268 per person
Kuala Lumpur-Phuket-Kuala Lumpur : RM 205 per person
I booked this tickets earlier when I noticed that Airasia havinf promotion on selected flights, so readers, please keep updated with Airasia's recent promotion :) You might get even lover price than me.

If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to ask me :)
Next post teaser, Ladyboy xD









4 comments:

beaty said...

odo to lady boys..

quite cheapo jg kan p Thai

Marrymeth said...

Thank you for posting.
If you are planning to get married in Thailand,
there are many world class hotels & resorts where you will be able to celebrate your wedding in Thailand.

Destination Wedding Thailand - Marry Me Thailand
your first choice for creating wedding of your dream in Thailand.
Thailand offers a world of romantic wonder for couples seeking a slice of paradise for their wedding and honeymoon in Thailand.

Mitchamorchell said...

Do you provide any tips for the ladyboy if you wanna take picture with them? Cause some blog I read, need to provide at least 80TBH-100TBH?

oriental events said...

The information that you provided was thorough and helpful. I will have to share your article with others.
Wedding Productions & Planners in Phuket